This month, Pathways to Health Partners have been collaborating to move community health improvment efforts forward.
Progress toward the Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP):
- The report for the community focus groups has been finalized. We received beneficial feedback about the concerns Tulsa County residents have in regards to the health of their community.
- Focus group information will help us better prepare the CHIP, which will highlight the community’s awareness of available resources, opportunities for education about health issues, and practical ways to improve health.
- The survey to collect community partner program information, relevant to the CHIP, will close on March 15th. Please take 5 minutes to fill out the survey for your program:
Our Alliance Groups have been making connections to make a difference:
- Healthy Places- The City of Sand Springs adopted a Complete Streets resolution. Complete streets make all forms of transportation- even walking and biking- more accessible and safe.
- Healthy Kids- Operation Aware attended the monthly meeting and provided key insight into what is being done in the community to prevent alcohol and drug abuse with school aged children.
- Healthy Aging- P2H will present at the Degrees of Geriatrics meeting March 11. We are excited to have this group of community partners on board! An upcoming conference at OSU Stillwater will be a beneficial experience for those working in the field of gerontology and geriatrics visit the alliance group page for more information.
- Healthy Choices- Work continues to advance policies that promote easy access to local food. A policy assessment has been completed as the first step in making improvements.
- Healthy Worksites- Policy examples for wellness, nutrition, and physical fitness were distributed to individuals for reference as they create their own worksite policies.
- Access to Health Care- The focus groups provided much needed information regarding public perception about access to care. This group will now examine health insurance concerns in the community & efforts to make health care easier to navigate.
Check the Alliance Group pages to find additional information as well as relevant meeting information.